cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bpbackup - Transferred files are only 4kb in size

druid84
Level 2

Hello all,

I have a couple of jobs that create bpbackup streams for my databases' full and transaction log backups. Nothing is failing on the SQL Server side, no errors, nothing. There are no erros on the Netbackup side either. However, the activity monitor is showing all of these files to be size 4kb.

Windows Server was throwing some VSS and CAPI2 errors, which I thought may be the culprit at first. The windows admin took a look at this, fixed a permission issue, and the errors stopped showing up on Windows Server. After this, I submitted a new bpbackup stream to see if this would fix the issue, but the file is still showing to be size 4kb.

I have a different server that is setup pretty much exactly the same and it is not causing any issues. I have no idea what may be causing this. Has anyone encountered this before? Any tips on what to look at?

Here's the bat file my test job is triggering:
cd "c:\Program Files\Veritas\Netbackup\bin\"
bpbackup -p WINDOWS_USER_INITIATED_BACKUPS -s User G:\MSSQL\Backups\databasename\database_FULL.bak

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@druid84

Might still be a permission issue. As which user is the script running? Does the user have local admin rights? 
Can you logon as the user and run the command manually?

For troubleshooting, create bpbkar log folder on the client and set logging level to 3. 
Run the backup again and check bpbkar log.

If you want to post the log here, please copy to bpbkar.txt and then upload. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@druid84

Might still be a permission issue. As which user is the script running? Does the user have local admin rights? 
Can you logon as the user and run the command manually?

For troubleshooting, create bpbkar log folder on the client and set logging level to 3. 
Run the backup again and check bpbkar log.

If you want to post the log here, please copy to bpbkar.txt and then upload.