cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

bpbkar32 Process with High CPU Utilization

Thiago_Ribeiro
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Guys,

I have a problem in my environment, where the Kernel from S.O is finishing some Netbackup process. I contacted S.O Team and they told me that kernel is finishing the process because are with high cpu utilization.

Recently I did the upgrade from NBU version 7.6.0.4 to 7.6.1.1. My environment is totaly for Vmware backups, almost nine hundred VMs, and these run on weekends.

For this version 7.6.1.1 there is a EBB for vmware backups but this was applied, referenced in the article :  http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH230113

When the backup windows starts, some backups completes with success, but most of backups fail.

My Environment

Master Server Type: Vmware
Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise SP1
Processor 4 processors 16 cores
Memory 32GB
NBU Version 7.6.1.1

Attached some logs, below follow messages from event viewer. Can you help me?

Event ID 7011

A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the NetBackup Job Manager service.

A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the NetBackup Request Daemon service.

A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the NetBackup Indexing Manager service.

A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the NetBackup Discovery Framework service

A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the VMTools service.

Thanks.

Thiago

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thiago_Ribeiro

I opened a case from symantec support and they recommended the upgrade to Netbackup version 7.6.1.2, after that this problem do not occurred again...

@Nicolai,

Thanks for your help. I checked your post and the netackup files are not in exceptions from SEP, but we have others environments with the same situation, this problem do not happens.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

do you have antivirus scanning Ntebackup ?

Thiago_Ribeiro

In this master there is SEP running, and I checked that Netbackup folders there aren't in the exclude list.

Could be this the problem?

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Yes - we had SEP messing with Netbackup clients during backup

As a test - try stopping SEP and see if it changes anything.

Ensure SEP isnt scanning either Netbackup files processes or memory 

You can use this tech note as inspiration

How to Create Scanning Exceptions for both Managed and Unmanaged Symantec Endpoint Protection Clients

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH91951

Thiago_Ribeiro

I opened a case from symantec support and they recommended the upgrade to Netbackup version 7.6.1.2, after that this problem do not occurred again...

@Nicolai,

Thanks for your help. I checked your post and the netackup files are not in exceptions from SEP, but we have others environments with the same situation, this problem do not happens.

Thanks.