cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bpbkar32.exe

Nghianvhhtb
Level 2

Hi all,

When I backup VM on VMware system (Media server I use as VMware host backup); I see on Media server has bpbkar32.exe process running. Please tell me what is this processing and how does it mean. thanks all 

5 REPLIES 5

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

bpbkar32 is the process reading the data on the client or in your case the VMWare backup host.

Think there still is an explanation of the backup/restore process flow in the troubleshooting guide.

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The fact that you are only asking about bpbkar and not other NBU processes running on the media server tells me you are aware of the fact that bpbkar/bpbkar32 runs on a client, right?

With VMware backup, the backup host assumes the role of the client.

Thiago_Ribeiro
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi @Nghianvhhtb,

Here its is a good explanation, just to complete what our colleagues of VOX said before..Smiley Wink

Nuts and bolts in NetBackup for VMware: Understanding V-Ray vision through backup process flow

Have fun!

Regards,

Thiago Ribeiro

Hi Thiago Ribeiro,

Thank for your helping!

When I run backup and restore, How can I show NetBackup Frozen Image Service process running?

And more, plan: 1 master server, 1 media server (as vmware host backup, run windows/linux) and 1 esxi server, 1 vcenter server, media server can access to LUN (is datastore contain virtual machine on esxi). When I backup, what doese media server (windows) use technology can read data directory from LUN and media server (linux) use technology? How I can check it?

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

NetBackup VxMS logging logging will reveal what is going on when NetBackup calls the VADP and other such VMware APIs:

How to troubleshoot NetBackup for VMWare vSphere backup/restore in NetBackup 7.x

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH77790

...and maybe search for other "NetBackup VxMS" articles and tech notes.

bpfis log trouble shooting:

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000123692

There are several sets/groups of "API" functions written and produced by VMware for other third parties (like Veritas) to build in to their applications (like NetBackup).  These API sets from VMware are distributed in the form of a VDDK.  And it is the VDDK which contains multiple API sets, one of which is VADP.  And so, NetBackup is able to read/write the VMFS datastore LUNs directly, because NetBackup calls the approporiate VADP routines from the linked VDDK embedded within the NetBackup binaries.