Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bpclntcmd -pn is failing

Varma_Chiluvuri
Level 5
Certified

bpclntcmd -pn is hunging

Our Master has 2 ips, I want the client to communicate with master with one only one IP from where client can communicate but the problem is cleint is pointing to the second ip of master server.

GOOD IP : 100.6.1.14 ( I have added this in /etc/hosts )

BAD IP : 14.3.1.14 ( I havent added anywhere in the client)

sapcigv:root> ./bpclntcmd -hn master-nb
host master-nb: master-nb at 14.3.1.14
aliases:     master-nb     14.3.1.14

I want bpclntcmd to point to 100.6.1.14 instead of 14.3.1.14, please help on this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Have you verified that /etc/nsswitch.conf is configured to look at 'files' before dns for 'hosts'?

Have you cleared NBU host cache after updating /etc/hosts?

bpclntcmd -clear_host_cache

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Have you verified that /etc/nsswitch.conf is configured to look at 'files' before dns for 'hosts'?

Have you cleared NBU host cache after updating /etc/hosts?

bpclntcmd -clear_host_cache

GulzarShaikhAUS
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

In case if clering the cache does not help (which works in 99% of the time) Can you also try bpclntcmd -ip 100.6.1.14 and bpclntcmd -ip 14.3.1.14. Also make sure that 14.3.1.14 is not added in the hosts file. You can check nslookup master-nb too if it reflecting the correct hostname/IP. Though once you have entry in the hosts file it should not matter.

Varma_Chiluvuri
Level 5
Certified

I have made entry of 14.3.1.14 master-nb in hosts file and cleared the cache many times still the issue persists.

Varma_Chiluvuri
Level 5
Certified

@Marianne,

This fix the issue.

Thanks to genius Marianne for helping me again :)