cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bpclntcmd -resync_host_cache documentation ?

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Hello

Is looking for documenation of the -resync_host_cache option of bpclntcmd.

Have tried Netbackup7.6_Commands.pdf and searching symantec sites and the web, without luck

Regards

Michael

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Michael 
I have learned to remove the '-' when I search Google for command options. The '-' is saying to Google to exclude/omit the word.
So, my search criteria in Google was:
site:symantec.com bpclntcmd resync_host_cache

My 1st NetBackup trainer taught me that if a command is not documented in the Commands manual, it is not supported and should not be used unless instructed by Support engineer.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Marianne

I found these:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH214830 
bpclntcmd -resync_host_cache process is started by bpcd -standalone every 15 minutes ....

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/disable-or-shorten-lifespan-dns-host-cache 

So, not a user command and this is why it is not documented in Commands guide.

Ananya_Bhattach
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

There is some documentation on 'When and how to clear the host cache' here: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH136792
As advised earlier we do not have it listed under the commands guide, thus we do not have any technical articles for it.

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Thanks Marianne, wonder why I did not find that technote

Ananya, think the option should be descibed as it shows up when doing bpclntcmd -help, could be described with a caution that only Symantec is allowed to use this option.

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

Marianne

Hi Michael 
I have learned to remove the '-' when I search Google for command options. The '-' is saying to Google to exclude/omit the word.
So, my search criteria in Google was:
site:symantec.com bpclntcmd resync_host_cache

My 1st NetBackup trainer taught me that if a command is not documented in the Commands manual, it is not supported and should not be used unless instructed by Support engineer.

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

ah of course the - issue when searching

Prefer things to be documented even if I can/may not use them

Marianne

You may want to suggest this in the Ideas section.... but.... don't hold your breath.... 

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Based on my previous experience with Symantec and the ideas section I will not suggest it in ideas