Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bpcoverage output

Sid1987
Level 6
Certified

Hi Everyone,

I am working on a script to gather mountpoints or drives which are not being backed up. In case anyone has anything handy it would be helpful.

What i want to know is what all possible Notes are there in the output of bpcoverage. Mainly I couls see UNCOVERED and MULTIPLE, are there any other tyoes of NOTES, also what about those paths which has nothing under NOTES.?

Thanks

Sid

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mike_Gavrilov
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Mainly I couls see UNCOVERED and MULTIPLE, are there any other tyoes of NOTES, also what about those paths which has nothing under NOTES.?

No

also what about those paths which has nothing under NOTES.?

It means that this mount point is protected by some policy. If the policy has strange name you might have to check  where this policy name comes from (may be you have some garbage in /usr/openv/netbackup/db/class/* ) but AFAIK Veritas doesn't support bpcoverage and you can't open cases about problems with it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Sid1987
Level 6
Certified

Also I could see the one with Notes as blank means they are covered and policy name is there, However many of the policy names are coming up as some alphanumeric wierd name.

/                         /dev/mapper/VolGroup-LogVol00_root       0Γ
   /boot                     /dev/sda1                                0Γ
   /bb2_binary               /dev/mapper/data-bb2_binary              ▒Γ
   /bb2_home                 /dev/mapper/data-bb2_home                ▒Γ
   /dev/pts                  devpts                                                                        UNCOVERED
   /home                     /dev/mapper/VolGroup-LogVol01_home       0Γ
   /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc  none                                                                          UNCOVERED
   /sys                      sysfs                                                                         UNCOVERED
   /usr                      /dev/mapper/VolGroup-LogVol06            0Γ
   /var                      /dev/mapper/VolGroup-LogVol03_var        0Γ

What does it mean?

Thanks

Sid

Mike_Gavrilov
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Mainly I couls see UNCOVERED and MULTIPLE, are there any other tyoes of NOTES, also what about those paths which has nothing under NOTES.?

No

also what about those paths which has nothing under NOTES.?

It means that this mount point is protected by some policy. If the policy has strange name you might have to check  where this policy name comes from (may be you have some garbage in /usr/openv/netbackup/db/class/* ) but AFAIK Veritas doesn't support bpcoverage and you can't open cases about problems with it.