cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bpduplicate for catarc tapes

pylej
Level 4

Hello,

We are moving ahead with the media type we are currently using LTO-2 and will be moving to LTO-4.  I know that LTO-4 drives can still read LTO-2 tapes, however I would still like to migrate some of our data from LTO-2 to LTO-4 media.  The main concern I have is our LTO-2 tapes that contain catalog archieves (bpcatarc), is it ok to use the bpduplicate command on these tapes to put the data onto LTO-4? Or must I restore all the old archieved catarc tapes back to the online catalog and then write it all to LTO-4, which sounds a bit crazy and I hopeing there a more efficent way to do this.

Thanks alot for your help
Jim

2 REPLIES 2

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Hi Jim

What exactly do you mean by bpcatarc?

Riaan

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
"...
The catalog archiving feature helps users tackle the problems that large amounts of catalog data can pose: large catalogs require a greater amount of disk space and can be time-consuming to back up. Catalog archiving reduces the size of online catalog data by relocating the large catalog .ffiles to secondary storage. NetBackup administration continues to require regularly scheduled catalog backups, but the backups are faster without the large amount of online catalog data.
Catalog archiving is available on both UNIX and Windows platforms.
..."