cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bpduplicate help.

smwoodcrafts
Level 6

We are moving to a colo and I need to get off of our physical tape library before the move. To do that, I need to get our offsite data to another storage unit in the cloud. I was going to use bpduplicate but I'm getting confused. With what understanding I have this is the command line I came up with. 

bpduplicate -npc -backupid <backup_id> -dstunit <storage unit in the cloud> -dp <pool name>

I'm not sure if I can use -npc with -dstunit so I can take the -npc out.

Would this line do what I want?

Thanks,

Dan

4 REPLIES 4

StefanosM
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
npc stants for "new primary copy".
Primary copy is the backup copy that netbackup will try to restore in case off restore. It is not a requirement for bpdulicate command to run.
If you add it to the command, netbackup will change the primary copy to the cloud copy

Thanks for the reply. I did know that and that is what I wanted, but will this syntax work?

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Not always is my experience

If the backups in your tape lib are all copy 1, then it should work, but if tape contains backup that are copy >1 then I have experienced -npc not working.

Remember you can specify -p (preview) option for bpduplicate.

Even thru bpduplicate maybe won't accept -npc you can always promote a copy to the primary copy with the bpimage command. 

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/doc/123533878-127136857-0/v123538436-127136857

Thank you, but the syntax will work without -npc?