Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bpimagelist -pt Standard shows up vmware images too

Juannillus
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hello all,

I'm executing the following command: bpimagelist -U -pt Standard -d 01/01/1970 and it returns me both, the Standard and the VMware images. When I try to run bpimagelist -U -pt VMware it shows only the VMware images. I have tried this in two different NBU domains (solaris and linux) both in 7601, and it happens the same in both.

Are the vmware images storaged as Standard images, or it is a bug?

Can anyone try on their environment and let mw know if you got the same output?

Kind regards,

Juan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I have been summoned!

From browsing a previous case where this very question was asked, it looks like this behaviour is "by design."  (-pt Standard will ALSO return Hyper-V and FlashBackup images, too, if you weren't already annoyed enough!)

I don't totally grasp the reasoning but it has something to do with the way these particular types are set up to be browsed for restores and has been this way forever (or at least since 5.0).

If it really, really bugs you, I'd recommend opening a case and an Etrack and seeing if you'll get a better answer from Engineering - or an admission that it's a defect in the command that they should fix.  ;)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Juannillus
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hello all,

i've tried in another domain in version 7.5.0.4 (linux) and it happens the same.

Kind regards,

Juan

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Looks like a bug. I am seeing the same on Linux 7.6.0.3

Standart is client type 0

Vmware is client type 40

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH27299

Update:

I have mailed CRZ in the hope he can add a comment or two ...

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I have been summoned!

From browsing a previous case where this very question was asked, it looks like this behaviour is "by design."  (-pt Standard will ALSO return Hyper-V and FlashBackup images, too, if you weren't already annoyed enough!)

I don't totally grasp the reasoning but it has something to do with the way these particular types are set up to be browsed for restores and has been this way forever (or at least since 5.0).

If it really, really bugs you, I'd recommend opening a case and an Etrack and seeing if you'll get a better answer from Engineering - or an admission that it's a defect in the command that they should fix.  ;)

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Thank you Chris. Knew you had a trick or two in the the sleeves :)

I am wondering too about the behavior too - not very consistent ....

Juannillus
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hello all,

thank you Chris. I will tell the client and ask him if he would like to have a case open or not.

It's a bit annoying, but we can get the information that we need with a little script.

Thanks all for your help.

Regards,

Juan