cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bplist EXIT STATUS 227: no entity was found

louacif
Level 4
hello,

i have installed netbackup 6.5 on linux client. the graphic interface of linux is not installed so i can't run netbackup interface for backup and restore from this client.
for backup, there is no problem because i do it from master, i have problem withrestore. i need to restore directly from client. i have run bplist to see the list file in the backup but it get error :

C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\bin>bplist -C srvddebck -s 10/13/2009

EXIT STATUS 227: no entity was found

thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
If you run bplist without the filename at the end, it runs the command with the current working directory as its search parameter.

So in esssence, for your command, you are looking for backup images for C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\bin for client srvddebck from 10/13/2009, & I doubt very much that this is what you are searching for.

Try running it as follows:

bplist -C srvddebck -R -s 10/13/2009 C:

This should recursively list files/folders backed up for your clients C: drive since 13th October.

(Not sure why, but I always get a EC227 when I try to interrogate a Windows box from a UNIX platform & vice versa - something to do with the path/filename but yet to tie it down properly yet ;) )

See also this T/N: DOCUMENTATION: How to list files that are backed up on a particular client ...

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
If you run bplist without the filename at the end, it runs the command with the current working directory as its search parameter.

So in esssence, for your command, you are looking for backup images for C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\bin for client srvddebck from 10/13/2009, & I doubt very much that this is what you are searching for.

Try running it as follows:

bplist -C srvddebck -R -s 10/13/2009 C:

This should recursively list files/folders backed up for your clients C: drive since 13th October.

(Not sure why, but I always get a EC227 when I try to interrogate a Windows box from a UNIX platform & vice versa - something to do with the path/filename but yet to tie it down properly yet ;) )

See also this T/N: DOCUMENTATION: How to list files that are backed up on a particular client ...

louacif
Level 4
thanks, i have run the command successfully

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
:)

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   
I bow in the dust of pure respect ;)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Andy,
I think you might need to specify the policy type, just done a test:

From my UNIX master querying a Windows Client C drive

# bplist -C fredclient -R -s 10/12/2009 /C
EXIT STATUS 227: no entity was found

# bplist -C fredclient -t 13 -R -s 10/12/2009 /C

This works!

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
on the money again! The /C was catching me out too!

bkptech
Level 3
The solution for this issue is correct but if you place a "/" forward slash at the end of the command, it will give you all the directories (C:, D, G....etc) so you wont have to do one drive letter at a time.

bplist -C srvddebck -R -s 10/13/2009 /