Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bpmount log

pkatakdound
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi  Team,

I  am  working  on error 41 network connection error .  Client is LINUX and  storage unit is on data domain.  I  want  to  create  bpmount log .  Could  help  me

where  should  I  create  bpmount log  ie  on  master  server  OR media  server OR client.  Please  provide path .

Regards,

Prajyot  K

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

There is no bpmount. The Master server will initiate a connection to the client if a bpmount is required (if you have ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES in your backup selection). - ensure connectivity from the master to the client is working using bptestbpcd -client <clientname> and inspect the bpcd log on the client if it's not getting to the point of actually starting bpmount or bpbkar

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

sri_vani
Level 6
Partner

The client will run the 'bpmount' command at the beginning of the backup to determine local filesystems to be backed up.

You can run this command on the client:

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bpmount

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/unix-client-alllocaldrives#comment-9478481

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

No sure how bpmount is going to help you troubleshoot connection timeout?

The logs I would create are:

media server: bpbrm and bptm

client: bpcd and bpbkar

Log folders must be created under /usr/openv/netbackup/logs

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

There is no bpmount. The Master server will initiate a connection to the client if a bpmount is required (if you have ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES in your backup selection). - ensure connectivity from the master to the client is working using bptestbpcd -client <clientname> and inspect the bpcd log on the client if it's not getting to the point of actually starting bpmount or bpbkar