cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bpplschedrep how to troubleshoot?

manatee
Level 6

NBU 7.6.0.3

i have 4 sql transaction log backup policy that runs every 15 minutes. this morning, i disabled one due to a scheduled maintenance of the server. when i re-enabled the backup policy, i found that it doesn't run 15 minutes anymore. instead, it is scheduled to run once a day.

i did

./bpplschedrep Daily_ruh1sfadb_trxlog Daily -freq 900

and checked using

./bppllist Daily_ruh1sfadb_trxlog -U

to make sure it is 15 minutes and it is showing as 15 minutes. still, when i do a

./nbpemreq -predict_all -date 12/17/2016 23:59:00

it is still shown as schedueld to run once a day.

i recreated the backup policy, did all the above steps and still showing once a day. i even copied the backup policy of another transaction log backup to make sure i didn't miss anything but it still shows scheduled once a day.

is there anything else to check on why it won't run every 15 minutes?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Nbpemreq will only show the 'next' backup. Not multiples for each hour.
Once you have used cmd to set log backups to every 15 minutes, you should not be tempted to open the policy in the GUI. The schedules will reset to defaults.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Level 6
Nbpemreq will only show the 'next' backup. Not multiples for each hour.
Once you have used cmd to set log backups to every 15 minutes, you should not be tempted to open the policy in the GUI. The schedules will reset to defaults.

but it is showing those to be run in the next 15 minutes:

Predicted worklist including all jobs due to run between now and Sat 17 Dec 2016 11:59:00 PM AST
rl client               policy               schedule             type       due time
-- -------------------- -------------------- -------------------- ---------- ------------------
00 ruh1abcdb            Daily_ruh1abcdb_trxlog Daily                0          Fri Dec 16 15:27:17 2016
00 ruh1abcstg           Daily_ruh1abcstg_trxlog Daily                0          Fri Dec 16 15:27:18 2016
00 ruh1sfastg           Daily_ruh1sfastg_trxlog Daily                0          Fri Dec 16 15:33:11 2016
00 ruh1abcdb            Daily_ruh1abcdb      Daily                0          Fri Dec 16 17:07:19 2016
00 ruh1sfadb            Daily_ruh1sfadb_trxlog Daily                0          Fri Dec 16 17:28:38 2016

only that last one won't follow suit.

so in cmd i changed it again to 15 minutes and this time didn't touch the GUI.

Marianne
Level 6

What happened after the last cmd schedule update?

it worked.

whenever i deactivate/reactivate a backup policy, i should just issue that bpplschedrep command to set it back to 900 seconds. that's it. i should not keep touching the GUI policy as you stated.