cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bprestore CLI command

spillo1981
Level 4
Hi Everybody,

I have this problem. I trying to restore some file using bprestore CLI command line

The sintax is the follow:

bprestore -B -L c:\temp\log1.txt -C source_server -D destination server -s 11/30/2008 -e 12/04/2008 -R C:\temp\pippo.txt -f C:\temp\topolino.txt

where pippo.txt is:
change /path/path1/ to /C/temp/CRSTD_BD/

and topolino.txt is:

/path/path1/file810.DEL
/path/path1/file908.DDL
/path/path1/file909.DEL

The result is
in the GUI : Exit Status: 227 (no entity was found)
in dos-shell is:
Invalid line length in line:
EXIT STATUS 144: invalid command usage

Source server is an AIX machine , destination server is a windows machine. I used the upper case for the driver letter ( for windows system)
If I try to restore only a single file ( for example XXX810.DEL ) the restore works fine. The problem occured when I use the -f option.
So where is the problem ?

Thanks in advance
R.

23 REPLIES 23

spillo1981
Level 4

I tried also with the -t 0 but the result never change.

In effect topolino.txt is missing although the command is present in my command line.

A corious test ... In Altpath log I saw a character and I inserted it in my pippo.txt file and the result is that the netbackup error goes in 50 .

The log is this

Restore started 01/25/2011 12:22:18

12:32:54 Status of restore from copy 1 of image created 12/02/2008 11:45:39 = client process aborted

12:32:54 The following files/folders were not restored:
12:32:54 UTF - /BDAREA_BCK/ARCHIVIO/UDBDAD01.XBD.CSRTFID200810.DEL

12:32:55 (3031576.xxx) INF - Status = client process aborted.

The character is in the last position.

spillo1981
Level 4

I resolved!!!

It is incredible. From a media server the bprestore cause the failure, but if i use the same command on master ( passive node or active node) the restore completed successfully.

Now I have another problem . I able to restore from the same machine ( in my case from source client AIX destination AIX command line from windows my master server) but If I try to restore from AIX to Windows ( commadn line from my master server)  the restore failure because the netbackup goes in "5" "No such file or directory"

bprestore -B -L c:\temp\log.txt -C AIX MACHINE -D WINDOWS MACHINE -t 0 -s 02/04/2008 -e 07/10/2010 -f c:\temp\topolino.txt -R C:\temp\pippo.txt

topolino.txt is

51 /BDAREA_BCK/ARCHIVIO/UDBDAD01.XBD.CSRTFID200811.DEL

pippo.txt

change /BDAREA_BCK/ARCHIVIO/ to /C/TEMP/RICCARDO/

For me the problem is in the pippo.txt, probably from " to C/TEMP/RICCARDO/ " in the end there is <CR>

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Thanks for the feedback - we obviously had NO IDEA that you were trying bprestore on a media server. Alternate client restore can only be done from the master. Even when it's done from a Media Server GUI or Admin Console, all actions, management, etc is running on the master server itself (Master name on the top left of the GUI).

I would've installed NBU master on a VM and do all testing there, using my laptop and Solaris machines as clients...

For latest restore failure, create tar log on Destination client. Also ensure that Altpath folder exists under netbackup\logs on Dest client.

Can you see in Activity Monitor or restore log that a connection is made to the Dest client?

spillo1981
Level 4

About my last problem...

Restore from aix server to windows server. If I use the virtual nome of cluster the restore works fine ( bprestore -D cluster node virtual) but if i use the "physical active node" the restore goes in error.

Another problem that i "resolved" is about the line feed at the end of -R option. I created this file ( pippo.txt) with notepad and for some reason the "special character" doesn't appears in the log file. ( under Altpath).

So now finally works fine... I don't believe...

Thanks to everybody for support...