cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bpstart_notify in Netbackup 7.6

Braker19
Level 3

We have used bpstart_notify.bat to execute scripts when netbackup 7.5 launches.  We just did a clean install on a server using Netbackup 7.6, the next day all the printers are GONE!  I looked at the bpstart_notify.bat file that was installed with NB 7.6 (location: c:\program files\vertias\netbackup\bin) and I found a couple odd things that were not REMed out.  Such as:

C:\Windows\system32\powercfg.exe /setactive

and

@REM ********************************************************************
@REM The following section backs up the servers printers to C:\PRINTERS
@REM --------------------------------------------------------------------
@echo full backup started on %1 using policy %2 with schedule %3 and status %5, bpres = %6 >> bin\BP_RES.txt

del /f /q c:\printers\*.*
MD C:\PRINTERS
c:\Windows\System32\spool\tools\printbrm.exe -S \\%1 -B -F c:\printers\%1_printers.printerExport
@REM ********************************************************************

@echo 0 >> %6
@GOTO :EOF
@REM exit 0

is this something that is standard with all 7.6 installations, why did it delete all the printers, it doesn't delete them everytime but it did once?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Are you saying that the NBU 7.6 installation deleted your printers?!  surprise

That bpstart_notify is not a standard NBU script. Someone has created it and copied it to netbackup\bin folder.

I have attached the default bpstart_notify.bat that comes with NBU installation on a server in the goodies directory.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Braker19
Level 3

I was just told by someone within my company that this was a feature we configured for our installation package works good when it doesn't delete your printers.

Braker19
Level 3

creates a backup of your server printers using the windows migration tool

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hello,

When you set up 7.6, did you also modify the script from the default?

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Are you saying that the NBU 7.6 installation deleted your printers?!  surprise

That bpstart_notify is not a standard NBU script. Someone has created it and copied it to netbackup\bin folder.

I have attached the default bpstart_notify.bat that comes with NBU installation on a server in the goodies directory.