cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bpstart_notify scripts are not working..

tejas9024
Level 3
Hi All,

Master server: Windows 2008 R2

Our requirement: To get alerts via mail when a full backup schedule starts and completes for a particular policy(test).

We are trying to use bpstart_notify and bpend_notify scripts for this purpose.

We have created a batch file named bpstart_notify.test.full in Install_path\Netbackup\bin\
but when we trigger full backup for the test policy, it doesnt seem to be refering to this bpstart_notify.test.full batch file.(as the output was not directed as expected)

Please let me know if I'm missing something here.

Attached the contents of the file for your reference (Here we are trying to direct the output to a file)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Stupid questions first! 

Is it called bpstart_notify.test.full.bat and not bpstart_notify.test_.full_.txt as you have attached it?

(It's those extra underscores that are worrying me, mostly.  I believe you probably are using the correct .bat suffix.  Is it possible your filename has some spaces in there you are missing?  test and full need to EXACTLY match whatever your policy and schedule names are.)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Stupid questions first! 

Is it called bpstart_notify.test.full.bat and not bpstart_notify.test_.full_.txt as you have attached it?

(It's those extra underscores that are worrying me, mostly.  I believe you probably are using the correct .bat suffix.  Is it possible your filename has some spaces in there you are missing?  test and full need to EXACTLY match whatever your policy and schedule names are.)

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please create bpbkar log folder on the client.
This log will tell us policy and schedule name and if bpstart_notify is called.