cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bptestbpcd binary showing 0KB size

Mahesh1987
Level 3

bptestbpcd binary showing 0KB size. Master is 7.6 . Can not copy it from any other as we dont have any other master with this version. Is theer any other way (downloading etc?)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

If the master is Windows then you'll have to build a VM (obviously with a different hostname and IP) and install a dummy instance of the correct type (x86 or x64) and patch to the correct version of NetBackup - to be able to copy the bptestbpcd executable.

If it's Windows and v7.0 up to v7.6.1.2 then you do not need to install a master or media server, just install a WIndows Admin Console and patch it - as that will have the binary too.

If it's Unix/Linux, you should be able to untar the base or patch kit - and then grab a copy.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

sdo

If the master is Windows then you'll have to build a VM (obviously with a different hostname and IP) and install a dummy instance of the correct type (x86 or x64) and patch to the correct version of NetBackup - to be able to copy the bptestbpcd executable.

If it's Windows and v7.0 up to v7.6.1.2 then you do not need to install a master or media server, just install a WIndows Admin Console and patch it - as that will have the binary too.

If it's Unix/Linux, you should be able to untar the base or patch kit - and then grab a copy.

Mahesh1987
Level 3

Thanks for your reply. I copied from one of the desktop where admin console was installed for 7.6.0.1

areznik
Level 5

Not sure if the Netbackup installer has this (I know opscenter does) but you can see if you can run the installer in repair mode and it should replace any corrupted binaries. I havent tried this so maybe someone else can weigh in if thats a viable option. 

sdo

Mahesh - do you need a hand configuring your Windows master server so that you do not need to issue NetBackup commands whilst working in (cd'ing to) the \bin folder?  i.e. would you like to configure your Windows server so that you can run NetBackup commands from anywhere at anytime, no matter which folder you are are?  This is usually safer then working in the \bin folder or \bin\admincmd folder themselves.

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

See step A

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/making-your-life-easier-netbackup

sdo

Nice article.  Not seen that before.  Why is that not one of the sticky posts in the forum header section?  Deserves to be there.