cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can Netback backup something at removable device???

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited

can Netback backups something at removable device such as DVD or CD?

I want to backup such things like Active Directory or files and folders at CD or DVD with its catalog and ship it to a different location then i want at the destination location then persons can import it in there netbackup with catalog.......is this possible?

6 REPLIES 6

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee
Yes it can you only need to configure the DVD/CD writer has an STU unit and ensure you have a blank DVD/CD in is called Optical Media.

Zahid_Haseeb

its gud that we can use removable(CD or DVD) but how could we copy its catalog at CD/DVD and 2nd how we can copy this particular catalog to CD/DVD and 3rd after successfully doing point 1st and 2nd how the destination person can import the catalog along with the image files on CD/DVD in their own NETBACKUP

thanks

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

You wouldn't copy the catalog entries to the CD/DVD.

Do your backup to CD/DVD, which writes a NetBackup "image" of whatever it is you are saving.  Send the CD/DVD.  At the other site, the admin will run the two import phases, known as "import phase I" and "import phase II".  When the imports have been done the other site will have populated it's catalog with teh names/sizes/locations of all rives/folders/files in teh backup image(s) on the CD/DVD, and after this they can be restored.

Zahid_Haseeb
How do i add my CDwriter in the netbackup?

what are the phase I and phase II procedure kindly through some light on it?

thanks

Message Edited by Zahid.Haseeb on 10-21-2008 07:38 AM

Zahid_Haseeb
? ? ?

Zahid_Haseeb

hello

Omar Villa and sdw303

kindly let me know which CD/DVD writer is compitable with netbackup. i have added the Sony and a 3rd party DVD/CD writer but when i try to add these optical media from     NETBACKUP CONSOLE-->Media and Device Managment-->Devices-->Drives--> after right mouse click i click on ADD OPTICAL DRIVE and try to specify the Optical drive from the browse button then it gives me an error "No Optical Devices were found on the Device Host"

Thanks

ZAHID HASEEB