cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can RMAN actions be restricted/controlled?

manatee
Level 6

NBU 7.6.0.3

Solaris 10, Oracle 11.0.2.3

is it possible to somehow restrict RMAN from doing restores without NBU admin concurrence?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yes. 

You can disable client browse and restore.
Or leave browse enabled and disable restore.

This will force them to notify you when they want to perform a restore so that you can enable client initiated restores.

Use Host Properties -> Master -> Client Attributes to either globally disable client browse / restore, or else disable on per-client basis by adding client name in Client Attributes to select/disable individually.

Hopefully this will not worsten your relationship with dba's....
Have a discussion and see if you can improve communication without going to extreme levels....

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yes. 

You can disable client browse and restore.
Or leave browse enabled and disable restore.

This will force them to notify you when they want to perform a restore so that you can enable client initiated restores.

Use Host Properties -> Master -> Client Attributes to either globally disable client browse / restore, or else disable on per-client basis by adding client name in Client Attributes to select/disable individually.

Hopefully this will not worsten your relationship with dba's....
Have a discussion and see if you can improve communication without going to extreme levels....

manatee
Level 6

that's good to know.

this will be implemented only after discussion/agreement on proper procedures.

thanks.

i know this has been over a year now but it has become handy when i discovered unauthorized restores (well attempted). so now i disabled client restores globally.

thank you for this tip.