cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can we configure existing netbackup media appliance to new master server without losing data

prudhviraj
Level 3

Hi All,

We are working on a solution for a DR scenarios(new design not yet implemented)

1)we have site1 and site2,we planned for 2 vm's as netbackup mater server with AIR configrued b/w them

2)we procured 2 appliances,one in each site which will act as mediaservers

Now we are working on different DR scenarios

our requirement is even if my master server in site1 goes down we want backups for clients in site1 continue to run to appliance in site1(please note we should use site1 appliance only).

so in this case can we reconfigure site1 appliance temporarily without losing data to site2 master server and continue backups.if so please can you send me any documentation links

ps:i am very new to veritas netbackup

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

AFAIK media servers, and IMO that includes an appliance configured as an MSDP disk pool, cannot be assigned to multiple master servers.

And clients only ever belong to one master server.  If master goes down, then backups stop.

Seems like a lot of money to spend and not know whether the purchase matches the requirements.

Maybe you need an "HA" Master Server ?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

AFAIK media servers, and IMO that includes an appliance configured as an MSDP disk pool, cannot be assigned to multiple master servers.

And clients only ever belong to one master server.  If master goes down, then backups stop.

Seems like a lot of money to spend and not know whether the purchase matches the requirements.

Maybe you need an "HA" Master Server ?