can we give same voluem serial number range to two logical libraries

lovee
Level 5

Hi All,

source server - AIX

version - 7.5

destination server - AIX

versio 7.7

1. can we give same volume serial number range to two logical libraries belongs to one physical library?

2. when i unassign a scratch tape from one ligical library and assign it to another logical library its media type not get changed eg. in first lib. it was HCART3 and in 2nd it is HCART. I have checked the barcode rule of both servers in adv. tab of inventory option and it is same. I think because of this only my backup is failed with EC-96. Plaese provide your inputs on this.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
1. No. Media id must be unique in EMM db on master. Unless 2 partitions belong to separate master servers. 2. Not sure what you are asking here. Media density must match drive density. Check drive density in each robot, then check that media density for tapes in robot match drive density.

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Would say it depends on the physical library and it's rules.

Personally I would always let Netbackup manage the scratch tapes for each of it's robots

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue