cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can you backup a 5.0 client with 6.0 mp3

Dennis_Strom
Level 6
I cannot connect to a sol 5.7 client with netbackup 5.0. I know you cannot put the 6.0 client on 5.7 hardware.

server solaris 9 netbackup 6.0 mp3
8 REPLIES 8

DavidParker
Level 6
Dennis,
A 5.x client should work with a 6.0 master (officially supported, I believe).
Have you tried the 5.1 client, out of curiosity?

Dennis_Strom
Level 6
I misplaced the 5.1 cd but managed to get the 5.1 client software installed using another master server. I thought 5.0 should work. I am vacation this week so my responses may be slow. I still cannot connect to this client even with the 5.1 client on there. I have verified that the server is in the clients bp.conf and that the server is in the clients hosts file. The client is in the servers local hosts file. nslookup works on both. I get a status 58. arrggghhhhh

Chia_Tan_Beng
Level 6
Is the media server that the client backup to same as the mastser server?
If not does "bpclntcmd -hn " between media server & client works?

DavidParker
Level 6
You get an error when trying to connect to the Host Properties of the client?

Have you tried a hosts file entry on both ends?
Also, I see something like that if the client's DNS name resolution list doesn't include the domain of the master/media (if they're in different domains that is).

Dennis_Strom
Level 6
I get the below error.

# telnet client bpcd
Trying 157.226.110.35...
Connected to client.domain.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
ld.so.1: bpcd: fatal: relocation error: file bpcd: symbol __1cH__CimplKcplus_init6F_v_: referenced symbol not found
Connection to client.domain.com closed by foreign host.Message was edited by:
Dennis Strom

DavidParker
Level 6
Hmm ...
Any port filtering between the master and client maybe?

Dennis_Strom
Level 6
Internal technote.
For Solaris 7 Sparc systems patch 106327-22 is required and contains a /usr/lib/libCrun.so.1 with the required symbol. In order to install this patch, the 106950-24 (linker) patch would be a prerequisite

That be the problem.

Dennis_Strom
Level 6
you can backup a sol7 sparc5 with 5.1 or 5.0 client with Netbackup 6.0 per tech support if you have the above patches.