cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot connect on socket, when tried to open backup policy

nags
Level 2

Hi All,

When i tried to open the policy it gives me an cannot connect on socket error message, could some one help with this issue please, same will fix rebooting the media sever.

PS: As this NDMP backup from NetApp filer.  Attached the error snap.

Thanks,

-Nagaraj

7 REPLIES 7

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Many of us will not open .docx files.  Can you remove this file, and re-post with a PDF ?  Or screen shots?

NetBackup version?  Master server OS version and patch level?  Which admin console are you using?

RamNagalla

looks like some issue admin console

does it a media server or Master server?

Did you try restarting the netbackup services?

Did you tried it from Java console?

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Like Ram Sugested, I would be checking or even restarting services. If you get errors on starting services, that will give a better idea where to look.

nags
Level 2

Dear All,

Thanks for your update.

When i restrat the netbackup server it works for a while and issues will reoccur.

This server is meida/server. Windows server 2008 x64 STD, Netbackup 7.1 ver.

sdo

Highly unusual for NetBackup to 'experience' this.  And the fact that it works for a while, and then doesn't smacks of an issue outside of NetBackup.

IMO, I think you're going to have to reach out to your network team.

Have you tried a 10000 count ping (i.e. around three hours of ping) each way - admin to master, and master to admin - to see if you are getting dropped packets?

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Something very wrong if master server cannot connect to itself. Or are you connecting from a remote Admin Console? Do you have admin log folder on the master under netbackup\logs? When this happens again, please run 'bpps' from cmd and post the output. Copy the log file in admin folder to admin.txt and upload as File attachment.

Dollypee
   VIP    Certified

Hi nags, you might want to take a look at your ndmp authentication credentials. Check with your storage guys, if they possibly make changes to the filer logon credentials. As a best practise, you might want to adopt the use of global ndmp credentials. Thanks