Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot do a restore

snawaz3
Level 6

netbackup 7.5.0.6

server 2008 R2

I am trying to do a restore and was getting the following message. It indicates to me that the files were restored. But when i go to D:\JFSCDESSQL on file server JFSC0008 the folder is empty. Can some explain wher the files are being restored to? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Just to make sure NBU knows you want to restore to a folder and not a filename, add a \ after the destination name:

D:\Name\

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne

Please go through the restore again up to the last screen where Restore options are selected:

Same or different location 
Overwrite options

If you can post a screenshot of what exactly was done in this final screen, it will probably explain what we see here:

12:38:51 (110749.001) MNR - The file was renamed to the following:
12:38:51 (110749.001) UTF - D:\JFSCDESSQL
12:38:51 (110749.001) MNR - The following file was kept:
12:38:51 (110749.001) UTF - D:\JFSCDESSQL

By the looks of it, you specified restore to different file name D:\JFSCDESSQL (not to a folder called JFSCDESSQL) and chose not to overwrite.
This filename already exists, so the restore did not overwrite it.

snawaz3
Level 6

Attached isstart restore the screen shot just before I

snawaz3
Level 6

Funny thing happened. Attached is a screen shot of a second selection I made after reading your response. In this I selected the top option of restore to a different location. I hads always believed this option was for if you want to restore it to the same client but at a different location. The bottom restore to a different location i always beliened it to be if you want to restore to a differnt client. Since the client has been decommissioned (the tape is from over a year ago) i selected the bottom option.

But the restore was successful selecting the top option.

Thanks for the quick response.

Marianne

Just to make sure NBU knows you want to restore to a folder and not a filename, add a \ after the destination name:

D:\Name\