cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

catalog backup is in writing mode from 2days but no data written on tape.

Vedamurthy_G
Level 4
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Vedamurthy_G
Level 4

all 4 streams are hung.   Issue has been resolved , we have rebooed master and catalog backup working fine now.

thank you all.

View solution in original post

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Next step: Upgrade to NBU 7.x as a matter of urgency.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Some information would be useful, such as has this catalog backup worked before? Can you post details of the Job details of the hung job? That would be a good start

Vedamurthy_G
Level 4

catalog backup not happedned from last 15 days, and no errors has found ( version of master 6.5.6 + windows), backup  detailed status showingf begin writing but no data is writing.   media and drives are proper and backup running normal for other clients

Vedamurthy_G
Level 4

catalog backup not happedned from last 15 days, and no errors has found ( version of master 6.5.6 + windows), backup detailed status showingf begin writing but no data is writing. media and drives are proper and backup running normal for other clients

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

NetBackup 6.5.6 has not been supported since October 2012 - why are you still using this old out of date version?

Have you tried rebooting the Windows Master server?

What changed 15 days ago?

How about the bpbkar, bptm and bpbrm logs , can you post them up?

Catalog backup usually has 4 jobs in total, Parent, database staging, database backup and db backup - which one is hanging or is it all of them?

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

While we are awaiting answers:

nbdb_backup -online <some directory> will make a backup on NBDB  (have to create the dir first)

Policy to backup <install path>/netbackup/db/images and where ever you put the NBDB backup  - will make a 'tmp' catalog backup.  It's not perfect, but better than nothing.

Marianne
How many jobs are running for the catalog backup? Is this a hot catalog backup or cold catalog backup?

Vedamurthy_G
Level 4

all 4 streams are hung.   Issue has been resolved , we have rebooed master and catalog backup working fine now.

thank you all.

Vedamurthy_G
Level 4

Its my new environment and management has not upgraded few servers due some issues with servers.

ll let you on these issues in future and thanks for your solutions.

Marianne
Next step: Upgrade to NBU 7.x as a matter of urgency.

Vedamurthy_G
Level 4

Its my new environment and management has not upgraded few servers due some issues with servers.

ll let you on these issues in future and thanks for your solutions

Marianne
Please clear Solution and mark revarooo's post as he was the one who suggested a reboot.

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Very kind of you to suggest that Marianne :)

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

I see the OP never came back to set the solution correctly. :(

sometimes not sure why I bother.

Marianne

I have sent a PM to Admins.... hang in there....

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

That's very kind of you Marianne. Thank you :)

Vedamurthy_G
Level 4

Thanks revaroo, i was busy in  office stuff, and im new user for the forum, now onwards ll show proper actions.

Vedamurthy_G
Level 4

I was not familier with forum, hence forth i ll take care of these things. thanks for your suggestion marianne