cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

catalog backup to a ndmp drive

olijac38
Level 2

Hello,

I am looking for info how to do a catalog backup in two stages because I know that I can't directly do it to an ndmp drive..

I have netbackup 7.0.1 installed on windows server 2008 and one ndmp tape drive and only this one.

I am looking for a way to made the catalog backup to a disk location and then save this location to tape.

How to set such solution ?

Thanks in advance.

Olivier

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If you have shared storage option license,  and if your tape drive is SAN attached so that your master/nedia server and the NAS can both see the tape drive, you will be able to config the drive on the master server as well.

I cannot see any other way.

olijac38
Level 2

Thanks for your quick reply.

I haven't SSO licenses.

NDMP server can be"mount" in the backup server to allow the sharing of catalog data which have to be save.

Here is the two steps I imagine :

1) do a catalog backup to a disk area located in the ndmp server where the ndmp drive is located and then

2) backup this area to a specific catalog tape

Is there a way to achieve that or am I completly wrong and it's not possible at all ?

Thanks

Olivier.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Have you tried to imagine the lengthy, complicated procedure if you should ever try to restore from tape?

I have never tried anything like this. Only attempt this if you have sufficient facilities/resources to test a recovery.

Motivating the purchase of a standalone tape drive for the master might be easier......