cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cifs backup

ayodeji
Level 6
Certified

i run a NBU 7 on master server on windows 2003 server. i intend to backup a windows 2003 server with a CIFS share. how do i go about it becasue ALL LOCAL DRIVES does not pick the drive.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Ok

Then in your policy use any client but set its NetBackup client service account to one that has at least read rights to the share

In your selection list put the UNC path to the share (\\natapp\myshare\)

Not sure if the fas 3050c supports the NDMP protocol but that would be a better way to back it up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

I am guessing that you are referring to a mapped / network drive?

If so then on the attribites tab of the policy you need to select to "Backup Network Drives"

You also then need to ensure that on that client the NetBackup Client Service uses an account for which that drive is actually mapped

Where does the CIFS share actually reside - just in case there is a better way of doing it as such a backup will be slow

It may also be possible to back it up as a UNC path but I would need more details to advise

Hope this helps

ayodeji
Level 6
Certified

thanks Mark,

i am not reffereing to a mapped drive, its a cifs share that resides on the storage ( netapp fas 3050c).

it can be browsed to.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Ok

Then in your policy use any client but set its NetBackup client service account to one that has at least read rights to the share

In your selection list put the UNC path to the share (\\natapp\myshare\)

Not sure if the fas 3050c supports the NDMP protocol but that would be a better way to back it up.

ayodeji
Level 6
Certified

thanks Mark,

it worked.