cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

client restore fails while trying Non BMR restore( error: socket read failed, An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. (10054))

Tauhid
Level 4

Dear all, I have the following netbackup environment: Master server -  windows 2008 standard SP2 64 bit, netbackup 7.7.1

Media server -  windows 2008 standard SP2 64 bit, netbackup 7.7.1

I have a BMR backup (All drive, system state, shadow copy component) of a Domain controller "HODROOTDC-SVR" which have windows 2008 standard SP2 64 bit, netbackup 7.0.1.

I need to restore (HODROOTDC-SVR to another identical machine. after failing BMR restore. I tried with non BMR restore with the following method:

1. At a identical machine , Preapre a windows 2008 standard SP1 64 bit. (through original machine SP2)

2. Same host name HODROOTDC-SVR, IP, MAC.

3.install netbackup 7.0.1

4. C: restore successfully

5. system state partially completed with status 1. But at detailes it failes with error : socket read failed, An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.  (10054)) ( log is attached)

6. shadow copy component faies with error: status: 185 - tar did not find all the files to be restored (log is attached)

7. after booting system is not booting

So could you please help me to solve the problem. I urgently need to restore the Root DC server.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Did you follow this note https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH56473 ?

Tauhid
Level 4
yes. I exactly follow this document. one update is that, yesterday I can restore shadow copy component. but still failes with system state & system is not start after reboot

RiaanBadenhorst

You said "3.install netbackup 7.0.1"? 

Is that a type and you're using 7.7.1, or really using 7.0.1? If so, I'd update that.

If you're using 7.7.1 you can post the latest errors here but I would also open a support case as it might be a bit tricky to troubleshoot.

Tauhid
Level 4
my master & media is 7.7.1. but the client machine was 7.0.1 from which I take backup. so I install 7.0.1 agent at new machine where I will restore.

RiaanBadenhorst

7.0.1 is like 6 years old, I would do upgrade and redo the backup with 7.7.1. Then restore. (assuming this is testing of course).

Tauhid
Level 4
no. for a special purpose we can't any change at the client server. so I can't install 7.7.1 at this server

Tauhid
Level 4

For information, The server is Primary domain controller. Is there any separate method to restore primary domain controller

RiaanBadenhorst

You might want to try follow this note from MS. Its a little tricky when its a DC so take a look here https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc961934.aspx