cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cold backup for oracle

m3lyan
Level 3
Partner
Hi guys I need to make cold backup for oracle database using oracle policy and cold backup script(same as the one exist under anyway should i do anything in application server what i mean when i shutdown oracle what will happen to application server to database server connectivity plus after backup i will got database online again what will happen in application server do i need to restart services on application server manually or it will automatically sense the database came online again please your help as soon as possible
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
"what will happen in application server do i need to restart services on application server manually or it will automatically sense the database came online again"

I think that you may need to speak with your guys who deal with this application and/or your database administrators who would be able to advise on the interraction between the two - from my experience, some apps may well cope with the d/b being whipped out from under them, others won't.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

m3lyan
Level 3
Partner

same script under /usr/openv/netbackup/ext/db_ext/oracle/samples/rman

m3lyan
Level 3
Partner

so??

m3lyan
Level 3
Partner
no one \answer me
is it a silly question

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
"what will happen in application server do i need to restart services on application server manually or it will automatically sense the database came online again"

I think that you may need to speak with your guys who deal with this application and/or your database administrators who would be able to advise on the interraction between the two - from my experience, some apps may well cope with the d/b being whipped out from under them, others won't.