cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

collection of disaster recovery information failed - socket read failed

Pam_Kulczyk
Level 4
Netbackup 6.0 mp4 Windows 2003 Server sp1

Hello again. A tech accidently uninstalled Netbackup 6.0 mp3 off our Master Server. I recovered the install with a copy of the catalogs.

Now I'm getting the collection of disaster recovery information failed - socket read failed error just on the master server itself. I applied mp4 and continue to get the error.

I found a really old post for a similar error and deleted and recreated the IDR/data directory, but the data dir was empty, so I don't think that will fix it.

Any ideas O great keepers of netbackup knowledge?
8 REPLIES 8

zippy
Level 6
pam try this

http://mailman.eng.auburn.edu/pipermail/veritas-bu/2001-November/006705.html

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=collection+of+disaster+recovery+information+failed+-+socket+read+failed+&spell=1Message was edited by:
James Dunn

Pam_Kulczyk
Level 4
Thanks James. It sounds like the right answer, but we don't have a drfile.exe on our server anywhere. Any more ideas? When we ran the reinstall, were we supposed to do something special to get DR on the server?

Pam_Kulczyk
Level 4
On further investigation, it looks like IDR can not happen on a master server unless it is backed up by another master server because IDR requires the netbackup master server to do the IDR. It can't save itself.

Is this correct?

Pam_Kulczyk
Level 4
Hey guys am I right? All you have to do is answer yes and you get the points.

DavidParker
Level 6
Thanks for the updates Pam (in this thread and your other one).

I can't say for sure if you're right, but what you posted makes sense to me and I would probably believe it. It would be great to see a tech note on that, of course.

Dave "slave to the points" Parker

Chia_Tan_Beng
Level 6
Yes. (based on the IDR concept from NB 3.4)

Pam_Kulczyk
Level 4
Thanks Chia!!

Chia_Tan_Beng
Level 6
And thanks for your Points!
:)