cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

command to check which... which dayabase backup is happening in my environment

wannawin
Level 6

Hello Team. how i came to know. . which databases backup is happening in my environment. . through command line or gui .. and how i came to know whether its hot or cpld backup??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Check the policies on the master server.

If Agent policy type (e.g. SQL, Oracle), chances are 99.9% this is a hot backup.

With cold backups, dba's are normally doing a database dump to local disk and all you will see in NBU is a normal filesystem backup (MS-Windows or Standard policy type).

You can output all policies to a text file and examine policies one-by-one:
bppllist -allpolicies -U >/tmp/policies.txt

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hello,

you can use both the NetBackup GUI and the command line to view your database backups. For the command line, refer to TECH65123 for the bpdbjobs -most_columns output. This should give you the data your looking for with regards to job type.

When you create the policy you should know if its a hot or cold backup. So when you see that policy, you will know.  Also I would refer to the admin guide for the database your backing up to get more information.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Check the policies on the master server.

If Agent policy type (e.g. SQL, Oracle), chances are 99.9% this is a hot backup.

With cold backups, dba's are normally doing a database dump to local disk and all you will see in NBU is a normal filesystem backup (MS-Windows or Standard policy type).

You can output all policies to a text file and examine policies one-by-one:
bppllist -allpolicies -U >/tmp/policies.txt