cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

configure blat for mail alert in netbackup

puneetd
Level 3

Hi,

We have netbackup server 7.7.3. I need to configure email alert from netbackup server. for this i install blat in netbackup server as given in https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH74038 and https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH24110.

but when I try to send mail using below command "C:\Users\Puneet.Dixit\Downloads\blat3217\full>blat.exe d:\test.txt -to puneetd@mydomain.com" It gives me error as below:

*** Error ***  The SMTP server does not like the sender name.
*** Error ***  Have you set your mail address correctly?

I attach screenshot of blat registry from regedit.

Please suggest me what changes are required to set the email alerts?

5 REPLIES 5

GeForce123
Level 5

I don't think you have the proper SMTP address.

Tousif
Level 6

Hello,

It seems to be issue with SMTP server. System admin need to be address this issue.

blat is windows utility to contact SMTP server.  This point no troubleshooting required from NetBackup end.

Regards,

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hey

Per me you do need SMTP authentication which can be passed to the blat via

-u <username> : username for AUTH LOGIN (use with -pw)
or for AUTH GSSAPI with -k
-pw <password> : password for AUTH LOGIN (use with -u)

Also check with your mail admins why this is being denided - if i am wrong with this guess about smtp auth. 

I am doing also a telent connection to the mail server's port 25 and 'pretending' the MTA - just to see what is NOK with the configuration, ie:

Sending emial via 25 port
telnet smtp-sever 25
helo your_server_Name
mail from:sender_email@server.com
rcpt to:recipient@domain.com
data
subject: This is a test mail
to: recipient@domain.com
If this emial will come then mail server is accepting us
quit

Look for the server answers...

Can you also share outcome from 

blat -profile

Thiago_Ribeiro
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Did you try to change the SMTP server? I was facing the same problem, and when I change to another SMTP server I could send a e-mail....In my case I configured to sent e-mail with the Catalog backup informations.

As soon others said, I think the problem can be the SMTP server that you are using. If possible change it and let us know the result.

Regards,

Thiago Ribeiro

My problem was solved after adding the sever on relay. When we add the master on relay it starts sending mail to the configured email ids.