cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

could not initilize configuration, error code 1

Shakil_Qureshi
Level 5

NBU BMR WINDOWS having problem  (Policy is Windows-NT)
"Could not initilize Configuration, Error Code=1 "

i am pasting the log file from /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/bmrrst . i have gone to the path in Windows BMR Server but the path in WINDOWS BMR SERVER is bit changed, like HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\Netbackup\BareMetal\, but according to log, there is not Netbackup directory. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\BareMetal\  can see picture added of WIN BMR Server.

Restoration log start time: 2010/04/16 14:54:27
1 DIAG regutils.cpp:GetRegistryString2() Could not get data from the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\Bar
eMetal\RestoreStepDescription, return code = 2

4 DEBUG CWinPeRestoreStrategy.cpp:step() Current step=Load Saved Configuration
4 DEBUG CWinPeRestoreStrategy.cpp:step() Current step=Set Time Zone
3 DEBUG CWinSystemAgent.cpp:SetTimeZone() Time zone information is missing.
3 DEBUG CWindowsRestoreStrategy.cpp:setTimeZone() Could not set time zone, rc=1001.  Restoring with the default time zone.
4 DEBUG CWinPeRestoreStrategy.cpp:step() Current step=Set Computer Name
4 DEBUG CWinPeRestoreStrategy.cpp:step() Current step=Map Drive Letters
4 DEBUG CWinPeRestoreStrategy.cpp:step() Current step=Disable Unused Network Interfaces
4 DEBUG CWinPeRestoreStrategy.cpp:step() Current step=Set TCP/IP Parameters
1 DEBUG stringManipulation.cpp:Split() Invalid input parameters, exiting, line=50
4 DEBUG CWinPeRestoreStrategy.cpp:step() Current step=Set Network Interface Parameters
4 DEBUG CWinPeRestoreStrategy.cpp:step() Current step=Set Routes
4 DEBUG CWinPeRestoreStrategy.cpp:step() Current step=Discover Hardware
1 DEBUG WinSysUtils.cpp:GetProgramFilesDir() Program Files directory not found, rc=16389
1 DEBUG WinSysUtils.cpp:GetProgramFilesCommonDir() Program Files common directory not found, rc=16389
2 DEBUG volmisc.cpp:OpenDiskFile() Malformed disk device path \Device\CdRom0.
2 DEBUG CWindowsDiskFacade.cpp:getDiskLayout() Could not open disk \Device\CdRom0 to get layout.
2 DEBUG CWindowsLdmFacade.cpp:matchWorkingPartition() Could not get disk layout for \Device\CdRom0, rc=10003
4 DEBUG bmrSystem.cpp:GetBmrVersion() Failed to determine the BMR version.
4 DEBUG bmrSystem.cpp:BmrRunCommand with Callbackfunction Failed, creating process.
2 DIAG CSaveCfgFile.cpp:execute() Could not run command (powermt display dev=all) in .\CSaveCfgFile.cpp at 137--rc(1),exitCode(2).
4 DEBUG ddr_detect.cpp:AdjustLDMViolatingPartition() Adjusting region (id= 82) from disk (id=27by 8428032
4 DEBUG ddr_detect.cpp:AdjustLDMViolatingPartition() Adjusting vol (id= 54also.
4 DEBUG mergeconfigs.cpp:LocalMatchDisks() SCSI match, disk id=28 to 4
2 DEBUG mergeconfigs.cpp:LocalMatchDisks() Could not find a match for disk, id=27
3 DEBUG mergeconfigs.cpp:MatchDisks() Could not match disks, rc=1007
2 DEBUG ddr_detect.cpp:IsDissimilarDiskRestore() Errors while matching disks, assuming DDR, rc=1001
4 DEBUG CWinPeRestoreStrategy.cpp:step() Current step=Dissimilar Disk Mapping
3 DEBUG CWindowsRestoreStrategy.cpp:ddr() Could not map configuration, rc=1
4 DEBUG CRestoreStrategy.cpp:retry() Retrying step: Dissimilar Disk Mapping
4 DEBUG CWinPeRestoreStrategy.cpp:updateStep() Retrying...
4 DEBUG CWinPeRestoreStrategy.cpp:step() Current step=Dissimilar Disk Mapping

kindly suggest, why is this happening.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Shakil_Qureshi
Level 5

yes dude, it has worked. i did it by following the document.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/317153.htm

i was using SUN X4100. what you need to do. you need to copy image folder to system32 directory.
image folder has .img file which has information of disk drivers(LSI etc)

thanks for being supportive.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
While restoring a Bare Metal Restore (BMR) Windows client, the Dissimilar Disk Restore Mapping Wizar...

How to manually add the MSD driver into the BMR boot image to avoid certain errors.

There was also a post on the forum where this error was encountered due to the fact that the hard disk cable was unplugged.....

Shakil_Qureshi
Level 5

Dude, i  have tried to install drivers to the BMR database.
Via NBU BMR Boot assistance,--> Driver Package Wizard ---> and provided .inf file,

while have all information of drivers, and then in NBU Console ---> under BMR management ---> Resources ---> Packages

Those packages were added but it never showd the Client. it added package for  which client. kindly check it in picture.

Shakil_Qureshi
Level 5

yes dude, it has worked. i did it by following the document.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/317153.htm

i was using SUN X4100. what you need to do. you need to copy image folder to system32 directory.
image folder has .img file which has information of disk drivers(LSI etc)

thanks for being supportive.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
Thought you'd already looked at that doc?

Or did you initially stop after the "And it doesn't work even if you install the MSD driver set into the Shared Resource Trees (SRTs) with the Boot Server wizard."?