cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

couldn't find NBU 7.7.1 Java console

FlyMountain
   VIP   

We are upgrading our Veritas enterprise server to 7.7.1. Surprisely we couldn't find 7.7.1 Java console. Does anybody know where i find it?

thank you !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

So, you are looking for both? Windows Admin Console and Windows Java Console?

The fact that Windows Admin Console is gone as from NBU 7.7 is sort-of common knowledge by now:

So now we'll be forced to use the Java Admin Console after 7.6.1? 

Announcing NetBackup 7.7.1 

Absence of Windows Netbackup Admin Console in Netbackup 7.7 

Windows Admin Console is gone - only Java Console can be used.

Java Console base installation has always been part of NBU Windows installation media under Addons\JavaInstallFiles.
Patches have always been a separate download.

Hope you have managed to install Java Console by now?

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

GulzarShaikhAUS
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

If you are referring to the installable it is available at following path. Keep in mind that 32 bit version of java console is not supported hense it is missing from the x32 folder.

NetBackup_7.7.1_Win.zip\NetBackup_7.7.1_Win\Addons\x64\JavaInstallFiles

Note - I am reffering to the Windows installable.. Do you need the java console for other OS?

FlyMountain
   VIP   

This is for Netbackup Windows administration console. We should also have a "java console" which packs like "NB_JAV_7.7.1.winnt.x64.rar". But i couldn't find it from Veritas download page.

thanks for your reply.

D_Flood
Level 6

Since 7.7.1 was a full release rather than a patch, the Java Console install is included in the main Windows ZIP download and isn't available as a separate download.

FlyMountain
   VIP   

I couldn't find it from main Windows zip package. Normally Java console comes in with separated package.

thank you !

D_Flood
Level 6

When I look in my downloaded install file (NetBackup_7.7.1_Win.zip) I see the Java console located in NetBackup_7.7.1_Win\Addons\x64\JavaInstallFiles\

Since they made the Java Console the only console as of 7.7 they may have also stopped providing a separate download.

FlyMountain
   VIP   

These are Java files for Windows console not for Java console. Guess Veritas missed the Java console on this release.

thank you !

FlyMountain
   VIP   

After searched around, looks like started from 7.7.1, we will only have Java administrator console, but not Windows Administration console any more. If this is true, i am wondering why i didn't see this change on release notes !

Marianne
You have been asking about Java Console the whole time. Now you're looking for Windows Admin Console? Java is the only Console as from 7.7.x.

FlyMountain
   VIP   

Yes, i was confused. Normally when we install Windows server, the Admin console will be installed automatically. Then we will need to manually install Java console as we need.

It looks differently started from 7.7.1. The Java console installed with server package, named as windows console, the windows console actually missed.

Marianne

So, you are looking for both? Windows Admin Console and Windows Java Console?

The fact that Windows Admin Console is gone as from NBU 7.7 is sort-of common knowledge by now:

So now we'll be forced to use the Java Admin Console after 7.6.1? 

Announcing NetBackup 7.7.1 

Absence of Windows Netbackup Admin Console in Netbackup 7.7 

Windows Admin Console is gone - only Java Console can be used.

Java Console base installation has always been part of NBU Windows installation media under Addons\JavaInstallFiles.
Patches have always been a separate download.

Hope you have managed to install Java Console by now?

FlyMountain
   VIP   

Thank you Marianne.  Yes, finally i noticed the Windows console is gone. New 7.7.1 console looks good and a little bit different with the one 7.6.1.2 which we are in use for production.