cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

custom vlt_end_notify script

alexeymz
Level 2

Hello Folks,

i newbie in netbackup. i have odd problem with custom vlt_end_notify script. this script sends and e-mail the Operations, COE staff, and 3rd party vendor if applicable, for the environment so they are aware of the tapes to send off-site and return on-site. It's worked properly before upgrade from 7.5.0.7 to 7.6.0.3 but now every morning the script disappears, and i have only name of the script with 0 bytes size. i don't see anything odd in active monitor. Could you please tell me which way should i dig into?

4 REPLIES 4

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Are you saying that you manually replace the script, and then it disappears?  Maybe Anti-Virus is removing/cleaning it?

I am aware that some upgrades / patches will overwrite and replace custom scripts with the default variants.  If this is what has hapenned, then you may need to restore the script from a backup.

alexeymz
Level 2

I noticed that, when script was overwritten it has 0 bytes size and date of modification is the 10 June - the day when i updated netbackup from 7.5 to 7.6. Then i copy the script from folder which contains a copy of script. The next day it happens again. I don't see anything unusual on Activity Monitor.  And i don't have AntiVirus on that server. Maybe i should check some logs? Or What should i look first? 

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

I'll have to look to see where that logs - probably in detail.log for the vault session

/usr/ openv/netbackup/vault/<vault profilename>/<sid>/logs/detail.log

alexeymz
Level 2

i found root cause, it was rsync