cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customized script in netbackup

Brits
Level 6

Hi, Anyone using customized scripts in netbackup for creating automatic backup policies, installing clients, configuring backups ?

thnx

5 REPLIES 5

L_BR
Level 5

Not sure about the scripting other than just the NBU commands, but for installing NBU each agent has a silentinstall.bat file that you can edit and configure with client name, media servers, opscenter and licenses etc. 

Mouse
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I know people who don't use NBU scheduler at all. They run all policies through an external enterprise scheduler like Control-M.

For the policies though, I think a good set of template policies should be sufficient for automation, they can be created by hand. Then the target script would just need to add a new client to those policies as required.

thnx a lot for the answer.

I know people who don't use NBU scheduler at all. They run all policies through an external enterprise scheduler like Control-M.

I am not aware of control-M. Can you please provide me more detail or any one script of Control-M which is being used to create policy in NBU. this will be great help.

For the policies though, I think a good set of template policies should be sufficient for automation, they can be created by hand. Then the target script would just need to add a new client to those policies as required.

This looks also a good option for automation. I will create and check if this helps ...

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Seems there is a small misunderstanding.
Control-M is used in place of NBU scheduler to kick-off backups, not to create policies.

So, the NBU policy schedules have no 'start windows'. Just a schedule name, type and retention.
The Control-M script will run the equivalent of a manual backup using bpbackup command with some options.

Got you Marianne. Thank you  :) .