cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data collection failed for selected master servers. opscenter agent is not connected

ajalboush
Level 4

I get the follwoing error when trying to collect capacity license information:

data collection failed for selected master servers. opscenter agent is not connected.

I have OpsCenter 7.1.0.1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

It is part of the OpsCenter Installer - just select OpsCenter Agent Installation rather than OpsCenter Server from the Browser.exe (assuming you are on Windows)

You should also patch it to 7.1.0.1 using the OpsCenter patch

#edit#

Just to make you aware that this does not give you a graph or show a report - it just runs nbdeployutil and when you click on the link in OpsCenter it just lets you download the excel file that has been created - it does niothing more fancy than that.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

For Capacity reporting collection in OpsCenter you need to install the OpsCenter agent on the NetBackup Master

This is the only thing that actually needs teh agent installed on a NetBackup Master

To be honest it just runs the nbdeployutil so you could just run that yourself rather than go through all of the OpsCenter setup

ajalboush
Level 4

how i can download this utility and whats exactly the command to use?

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

It is part of the OpsCenter Installer - just select OpsCenter Agent Installation rather than OpsCenter Server from the Browser.exe (assuming you are on Windows)

You should also patch it to 7.1.0.1 using the OpsCenter patch

#edit#

Just to make you aware that this does not give you a graph or show a report - it just runs nbdeployutil and when you click on the link in OpsCenter it just lets you download the excel file that has been created - it does niothing more fancy than that.

ajalboush
Level 4

the agent installed and still not working,

I have run this command: nbdeployutil --gather --capacity it gave me a report, but i do not understand it, how i can get my from iy?

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
There is a second command to run against the first report to generate the excel file - check the nbdeployutil docs

ajalboush
Level 4

I attahced part of the excel sheet, where i can find how much i should buy licnese capacity ?

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

that doesnt look to be a complete report - have you followed both steps in the guide to produce the fila report?

# nbdeployutil --gather
NetBackup Deployment Utility, version 7.1.0000.0000
Gathering license deployment information...
  Discovered master server marybl2g1
  Output for marybl2g1 at: D:\Program Files\VERITAS\netbackup\
  var\global\reports\20101029_170534_marybl2g1
Gather DONE
Execution time: 1 min
To create a report for this master server, run the following:
  nbdeployutil.exe --report "D:\Program Files\VERITAS\netbackup\
  var\global\reports\20101029_170534_marybl2g1"

D:\>nbdeployutil.exe --report "D:\Program Files\VERITAS\netbackup\
var\global\reports\20101029_170534_marybl2g1"
NetBackup Deployment Utility, version 7.1.0000.0000
Analyzing license deployment for master marybl2g1 ...
  Report created at: D:\Program Files\VERITAS\netbackup\var\global\
  reports\20101029_170534_marybl2g1\report-20101029_170705.xls
Analysis DONE
Execution time: 27 secs

ajalboush
Level 4

yes i did both steps, i did not upload the the complete report as i uploaded part of it.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

So you need to follow the advice on the last tab and pass the report to Symantec who will advise which value to use

It will generally be close to but possibly less than your largest figure shown but you also need to take into account your year on year growth