cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

database backups procedure in netbackup

TS10
Level 3

Hi All,

I am new in netbackup and wants to learn more.Can you please tell me the procedure of how the database(sql) backups are backed up....and why the backup is fail if even one stream gets fails...I want to know the theoratical procedure and not the implementation procedure.

Thanks in Advance guys.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Please always share OS and NBU version. Although you think this is a generic query, the way that we config SQL backups has changed in recent versions. If your version is 7.7, then use the link in above post. For any other version, use Handy NBU Links in my signature to locate the manuals for your version. As you are new to NBU, I want to encourage you to download the manuals for your version and to start reading... That is how most of us learned. Download the Admin Guides, manuals for each agent being used in your environment, Troubleshooting Guide, Status Code Guide, Logging Assistant Guide, etc. In the SQL Agent Guide , you will also find a Troubleshooting chapter with common problems with SQL backups and which log folders to create. The Status Code doc can be used to look up all error codes with possible reasons and troubleshooting steps. Solution depends on what caused the problem - hardly ever something caused by NBU, but by something in the environment such as network, devices, etc.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

X2
   VIP   

Theoretical: start here https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.DOC8593

Why one stream fails and other is successful? - You need to provide more details of the failed job and logs associate with it.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Please always share OS and NBU version. Although you think this is a generic query, the way that we config SQL backups has changed in recent versions. If your version is 7.7, then use the link in above post. For any other version, use Handy NBU Links in my signature to locate the manuals for your version. As you are new to NBU, I want to encourage you to download the manuals for your version and to start reading... That is how most of us learned. Download the Admin Guides, manuals for each agent being used in your environment, Troubleshooting Guide, Status Code Guide, Logging Assistant Guide, etc. In the SQL Agent Guide , you will also find a Troubleshooting chapter with common problems with SQL backups and which log folders to create. The Status Code doc can be used to look up all error codes with possible reasons and troubleshooting steps. Solution depends on what caused the problem - hardly ever something caused by NBU, but by something in the environment such as network, devices, etc.

TS10
Level 3

Thanks NCS-SAN and Marianne.I will read the admin guide...