cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

database system error

Kasra_Hashemi
Level 5

Hi,

Whenever I want to restore a mailbox that was backed up with granular recovery, I encounter this error, I tried all these steps carefully but again I get the same error.

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100009306

DB Sys Err.jpg

Netdigest
21 REPLIES 21

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@Kasra_Hashemi 

I am not an Exchange expert (or NBU for Exchange expert), but I see numerous 'unable to .... '  error messages, e.g
"unable to successfully enumerate: Microsoft Information Store\Limit Office2013\Database\<user-name> "
"Unable to open or get value for registry key \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Veritas\NetBackup\CurrentVersion\Config\Granular\CopyLocal, error 2 "

Just search for the word 'unable' and 'error'.

Maybe the user name user 'mon-admin1' does not have sufficient permissions? I cannot say.

Hopefully @Lowell_Palecek will have better insight and advice. 

You marked Marianne's answer as a solution. Are you successful now?

The "unable to successfully enumerate" the mailbox entry is the ultimate failure. There should be a reason before that in the log.

The following is not a failure. Status 2 is the system status "does not exist." The log message just means that a configuration parameter does not exist. The parameter is usually optional when you see this message, as it is in this case.

>"Unable to open or get value for registry key \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Veritas\NetBackup\CurrentVersion\Config\Granular\CopyLocal, error 2"

This particular parameter is part of a workaround when you get Jet errors doing an Active Directory backup. Exchange and AD both use the same Microsoft Jet database engine. The CopyLocal parameter does not apply to Exchange.