cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

db2.conf schedule entry not picked up by backup job

fira_gojira
Level 3

Hello, I'm having problem with DB2 backup in which the schedule defined in db2.conf is not picked up by backup activity. Even if the schedule for database backup is defined in db2.conf and policy schedule, the backup is still running using shchedule defined for archive log backup. The following is the entry in the db2.conf:

# The following settings are used by NetBackup to backup/restore a DB2 database.
#
# Reminders:
# 1) The specified policy must have a type of "DB2".
# 2) The specified schedule must be defined for this policy.
# 3) The DB2 database host must be entered as a client for this policy.
#

DATABASE MCT
OBJECTTYPE DATABASE
POLICY MRNWINDB2_DB2
SCHEDULE Mrnwindb2-Application-Backup
ENDOPER

# --------------------------------------------------------------
# LOGARCHMETH1 = "VENDOR.." parameter for versions 8.2 and above
# Policy is of type DB2.
# --------------------------------------------------------------
#
# Comment the above DB2 User Exit section when using LOGARCHMETH1 = "VENDOR.."
#
DATABASE MCT
OBJECTTYPE ARCHIVE
POLICY MRNWINDB2_DB2
SCHEDULE Log-Application-Backup
ENDOPER

Since the backup is using Log-Application-Backup as the schedule, the retention for database backup is having a shorter retention than it's supposed to be. Appreciate if someone could help me on this.

Thank you

1 REPLY 1

jnardello
   VIP    Certified
Are you doing NBU-scheduled backups or are you triggering them from the client ? If you're having NBU kick off the backup job then I can easily see it getting confused about which schedule to use since you only have a single policy - that's a known issue with any database policy and why you should only have a single retention in those. If you're doing client-side triggered jobs that's a different story, you ought to be able to get away with a single policy for multiple retentions since you're specifying the exact schedule name to use. Please confirm which method you're using.