cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

differential and incremental both taking backing up data as full backup in lotus notes

shravan5279364
Level 3

Hi There,

I m using netbackup 7.6 master and media server on windows 2008, using netbackup client for lotus notes on suse 11 64 bit..

transaction logs have been configured on lotus in archive mode..while taking full or differintial backup of transaction logs, size differs and recycling of logs is 

also working on lotus server but there is no difference on mail files backup wheather running full or differential or incremental..

can you please help me out on this..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

shravan5279364
Level 3

thanks marianne, i was waiting for you to respond..

i can't see any logs under bpbkar folder on notes server..

there is one more observation, if i select directives instead of the path for database and transaction log then

transaction log backup working fine but in database backup only dbdirman.nsf, log.nsf, and sometimes names.nsf appears,,

if i select the path then transacton log backup only show 32 kb backup..

which way is better, through directives or direct path??

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ecnivnaj
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi,

kindly see this document below.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH63614

hope this helps.

Thanks.

shravan5279364
Level 3

after reading some bolgs i have made some changes to lotus notes, but now while doing cumulative or incremental it's taking backup only for dbdirman.nsf and log.nsf, 

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Are Full and Incr schedules in the same policy?

Have you done a Full backup after making Notes changes? 

If the answer is yes to all of the above, create bpbkar log folder on Notes server and compare logs after Full and Incr backup.

shravan5279364
Level 3

thanks marianne, i was waiting for you to respond..

i can't see any logs under bpbkar folder on notes server..

there is one more observation, if i select directives instead of the path for database and transaction log then

transaction log backup working fine but in database backup only dbdirman.nsf, log.nsf, and sometimes names.nsf appears,,

if i select the path then transacton log backup only show 32 kb backup..

which way is better, through directives or direct path??