cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

diskpool going down without reasons ....

yguilloux
Level 4
Partner

Hello

I am in a process of migrating and old MSDP (Windows 2008R2, NBU 7.5.0.4) to a new one (same OS, same NBU version). I have installed the new server, created dedup storage and configured everything to integrate the existing infrastructure. I then started the image migration using bpduplicate. Evrything worked fine for about 20 hours and suddenly I got a lot of 2016 error codes "disk storage is down", I thought that I launched too many simultaneous bpduplicate processes, but even after everything finished (with errors !) I got the same problems. I had to restart the new MSDP server and since then , I can't even run a backup on this MSDP , I got 174, 811 and 2106 erros ...

I triple-checked all hostname resolutions on Master, old MSDP and new MSDP.

nbdevquery -listdv -stype PureDisk -U  shows that the diskpool is DOWN, he sometimes comes UP and the down again .... 

I have tried to clear all caches, restarted services on both master and MSDP

I also tried to install EEB 2975594.1 without any improvement ...

Any help will be appreciated ....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RonCaplinger
Level 6

If this is still a problem, check your old media server's config (not sure of the path, under Unix it is /usr/openv/netbackup/db/config) for the following and copy the files to the same location in the new server:

DPS_PROXYDEFAULTRECVTMO

DPS_PROXYDEFAULTSENDTMO

DPS_PROXYNOEXPIRE

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Anti virus scanning Netbackup processes or files ?

Any infromation in the Windows event log.

Anuj_Kr
Level 4
Partner Accredited

On you media server, verify that these are running.

spoold.exe
spad.exe
postgreSQL

If they are not running, start them.  If they do not start, and there is an error, record the error and search to determine what is the usual cause for the error.

Additional information about why a services is not starting is located in these log folders on the MSDP server.

<MSDP install path\log\spoold\spoold.log
<MSDP install path\log\spad\spad.log
<MSDP install path\log\spoold\storaged.log

check this technote, this may help...

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH159232

yguilloux
Level 4
Partner

@Nicolai :

no antivirus, no firewall, no problem in windows event logs

@Anuj

all processes are fine, crcontrol returns no problem.

spad.log shows the following :

September 17 17:54:27 INFO [000000000231BFA0]: Remote is using libcr Version 7.0003.0012.091, Protocol Version 6.6.1 running on WIN32. Agent bpstsinfo.exe requesting access for DataSelection ID 1
September 17 17:54:39 INFO [0000000001079110]: 25022: NetCheckIPRange: invalid NULL or empty parameter
September 17 17:54:51 ERR [000000000231BFA0]: 25036: binaryMessageRead:3398, Could not receive binary message: expected 4 bytes got -1 bytes. Cause: connection reset by peer
September 17 17:54:51 ERR [000000000231BFA0]: 25036: Session start request from IFRANN01BKCP011:64840 could not be honored (connection reset by peer)
September 17 17:54:51 INFO [000000000231BFA0]: (unknown) Task 7 [thread 000000000231BFA0] for IFRANN01BKCP011:64840 failed with unknown error.
September 17 17:55:02 INFO [0000000001079110]: 25022: NetCheckIPRange: invalid NULL or empty parameter

evrything else seems OK ....

yguilloux
Level 4
Partner

Hello

I find one part of my problem : i misspelled one hostname in MSDP host file , so i am now able to backup again ... but I still got a strange behaviour on my bpduplicates : I get a lot of 2106 error codes when i lauch a batch of bpduplicates and suddenly one is running then errors again ....

Disk pool status is going from down to up , then down again ...

I still have 550 images  to duplicate ... i'll get crazy !

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

No reply or update in more than a month....

Have you managed to make progress?
Maybe misspelled hostname(s) elsewhere?

RonCaplinger
Level 6

If this is still a problem, check your old media server's config (not sure of the path, under Unix it is /usr/openv/netbackup/db/config) for the following and copy the files to the same location in the new server:

DPS_PROXYDEFAULTRECVTMO

DPS_PROXYDEFAULTSENDTMO

DPS_PROXYNOEXPIRE