Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

documentation ftp problem ?!

grambaud
Level 2
Hi,

is there a problem on symantec ftp ?

I am unable to download or display http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/290234.htm file !
I have tried on 2 different locations... 2 differents computer... same.

An idea ?
Anyone already have that one ?

Regards,
Gaël
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
that it's been very slow. In most instances I've eventually managed to download docs etc, but in a lot of instances I've just given up!.

Maybe if we shout loud enough someone from Symantec will let us know if there's an issue that is being attended to or if it's just busy! ;)

As far as the URL you've quoted - am trying to download the doc as we speak, but it's still just "Loading......."

***EDIT***
Finally managed to download that doc after a couple of page refreshes, a black page & a 5 minute wait!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
that it's been very slow. In most instances I've eventually managed to download docs etc, but in a lot of instances I've just given up!.

Maybe if we shout loud enough someone from Symantec will let us know if there's an issue that is being attended to or if it's just busy! ;)

As far as the URL you've quoted - am trying to download the doc as we speak, but it's still just "Loading......."

***EDIT***
Finally managed to download that doc after a couple of page refreshes, a black page & a 5 minute wait!

Claudio_Veronez
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Here is normal

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Slower than normal over last couple of days - even for Africa!!
The WhitePaper that I've been trying to open for the last hour just keeps on timing out:

The connection has timed out

The server at eval.symantec.com is taking too long to respond.

grambaud
Level 2
A colleague has managed to have the document by a symantec vendor.

Here is a copy attached.

rjrumfelt
Level 6
the older "FTP site requires login" thread in hopes that Symantec might take notice, but no

I've found that from the hours of 1 - 3:30 PM EST, the site is unresponsive, but for whatever reason, around 4 PM, I can download docs again.

For those of you who are having trouble, I suggest taking some downtime when the site is functioning to download all the relevant manuals to your computer.