cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does nbu 7.6.0.3 support clustering of SQL Server 2014

manatee
Level 6

NBU 7.6.0.3

i have checked that my NBU version supports SQL Server 2014 but the document i read doesn't mention if it supports clustering (DA in SQL lingo) the way it supports Exchange 2013 DAG.

does it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Systems_Team
   VIP   

Hi Rino19ny,

I've just had a look at the Database Agents SCL for NetBackup 7.7 for you.  The link is:

https://download.veritas.com/resources/content/live/SFDC/25000/000025230/en_US/nbu_77_db_scl.html?__...

It looks like you could be in luck with an upgrade to 7.7.1 (you should go to 7.7.3).  NetBackup 7.7.1 is the first version to support MS-SQL 2014 with AG's, so long as you are using batch files and not Intelligent Policies.  Footnote 3 in the SCL says:

NetBackup 7.7.1 is the start of support for AlwaysOn Availability Groups (AGs) with SQL Server policies that use the option “Clients for use with batch files”. NetBackup does not support AGs with SQL Server Intelligent Policies at this time.

So looks like you can do it, but you'll need to upgrade - and as all versions of NetBackup 7.6 and earlier are end of support life early next year, better to do it sooner rather than later.

Hope this helps,

Steve

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Yes.
Howto procedure is covered in NBU for MS-SQL Admin Guide.

*** Edit ***

Unless you are referring to AlwaysOn availability groups.. See footnote 2 in the Compatibility Guide:

AlwaysOn Availability Groups (AGs) are not supported at this time.

yes i'm referring to AlwaysOn in AG. as i read it, sql 2014 supports starts with NBU 7.6.0.3 but footnote says "not supported at this time", does it mean even the very latest version of NBU?

so what's our option since we will implement AlwaysOn?

Systems_Team
   VIP   

Hi Rino19ny,

I've just had a look at the Database Agents SCL for NetBackup 7.7 for you.  The link is:

https://download.veritas.com/resources/content/live/SFDC/25000/000025230/en_US/nbu_77_db_scl.html?__...

It looks like you could be in luck with an upgrade to 7.7.1 (you should go to 7.7.3).  NetBackup 7.7.1 is the first version to support MS-SQL 2014 with AG's, so long as you are using batch files and not Intelligent Policies.  Footnote 3 in the SCL says:

NetBackup 7.7.1 is the start of support for AlwaysOn Availability Groups (AGs) with SQL Server policies that use the option “Clients for use with batch files”. NetBackup does not support AGs with SQL Server Intelligent Policies at this time.

So looks like you can do it, but you'll need to upgrade - and as all versions of NetBackup 7.6 and earlier are end of support life early next year, better to do it sooner rather than later.

Hope this helps,

Steve