cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

don't want to Eject some tapes

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

We have netbackup 6.5.5 and using vault options. We use the policy (daily eject command) from vault to eject the tapes and works fine. I would like to know is there any way I can stop certain tapes from ejecting while runing this policy which ejects the tapes. I don't want particular tapes to be ejected when we run this policy. Should a suspen on these tapes stop it from ejecting or what will be the best way to stop couple of tapes from ejecting.

Also is there any way just to check the tapes in the MAC, through command or GUI interface of Netbackp.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Will_Restore
Level 6

You can skip the eject process and eject them manually.

Suspend does not prevent eject.

robtest permits you to examine the MAC among other things.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Will_Restore
Level 6

You can skip the eject process and eject them manually.

Suspend does not prevent eject.

robtest permits you to examine the MAC among other things.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Define 'some tapes' ?

If you can define 'some tapes' e.g certain policies, certain clients, newest backups, etc... you can have another look at the selection criteria in the vault profile. Change selection so that 'some tapes' will be excluded from selection. For example, if you want to exclude newest (yesterday's) tapes, change selection so that backups are selected between 7 and 2 days old.

If MAC is the same as the 'Media Access Port', you can use robtest 's p' to display contents. See http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH83129

To use robtest commands from the command line with no user intervention: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH30817
e.g:
echo "s p" | /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/tldtest -r /dev/sg/c1t2l0

Hitmans_Backup
Level 2
Certified

You can exclude tape written by a particular client,policy by excluding it from vault profile.

in a non vault environment,this can be scripted by adding all the tapes to a file and exclude the tapes listed in that file and eject remaining.

To view the tapes in MAP use echo "s p" |/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/tldtest -r <robot device path>