cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

enhancing the Netbackup GUI - suggestion, appreciate thoughts

stewfire
Level 2

I am responsible for monitoring failures (as well as fixing and rerunning jobs) on Netbackup. When a failure appears, it's red (or a partial failure is yellow). For me I like to fix and rerun a failed job then delete the job from the activity monitor. For me the failure no longer has an value since a successful follow occurred.

Another person on my team would rather see the failure in the activity montitor for 5 days until it drops off for historical value.

We have other reporting tools that work for either side of this personal preferance issue as well.

BUT, it would be GREAT if the netbackup GUI gave you the ability to color code a line item failure. For example, a failure occurs. It's fixed and rerun. Instead of deleting the initial failure, I would like to highlight it (say blue). Then everybody is happy.

For me, the failure has been acknowledged at a glance. Historical tracking is in place for others. Any new failures will be very obvious because no one has changed the color on that failure line.

Make sense? I am guessing many people like me would love this enhancement. Am I wrong? How do I go about submitting this idea to the Symantec power team of GUI upgrading? I would appreciate any thoughts on this issue.

Thanks, Stew

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6

go to Create Content - Idea

put it there

people with time can read the suggestions and vote on them.

Symantec will review ideas submitted.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6

go to Create Content - Idea

put it there

people with time can read the suggestions and vote on them.

Symantec will review ideas submitted.

stewfire
Level 2

will do

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

the "Idea" that's been put forward is here:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/ideas/enhancing-netbackup-gui-monitoring