Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 1 again, but on diff

manatee
Level 6

NBU 7.6.0.4

SQL Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008 R2

the original post was here https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/error-1-sql-backup

and also found the solution there. but that was for a full backup.

the same error happens now with the differential backup:

12/06/2015 09:09:06 - Info dbclient (pid=10260) INF - Created VDI object for SQL Server instance <ACMEdb>. Connection timeout is <600> seconds.
12/06/2015 09:19:06 - Info dbclient (pid=10260) ERR - Error in GetConfiguration: 0x80770003.
12/06/2015 09:19:07 - Info dbclient (pid=10260)     CONTINUATION: - The api was waiting and the timeout interval had elapsed.
12/06/2015 09:19:10 - Info dbclient (pid=10260) INF - OPERATION #2 of batch C:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\dbext\Mssql\acmedbDiffBackup.bch FAILED with STATUS 1 (0 is normal). Elapsed time = 606(606) seconds.

of course, i could always increase the VDI timeout of the client but i feel that's only a workaround.

i also thought that i should move my backup window because on the above link posted, the full backup happened at 1pm to 3pm, but now this differential backup happened. and my differential backup occurs every 4 hours.

is there from NBU side something to fix this permanently?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I recommend you also to test it "off NetBackup", so perform dump by native MS SQL means through MS SQL interfaces to the local disk. If it behaves the same way.

I also think that it is a problem which must be troubleshooted  at MS SQL side, not NetBackup side.

Regards

Michal

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Marianne
I would firstly check SQL Errorlog and VDI log before changing anything in NBU.

Michal_Mikulik1

I recommend you also to test it "off NetBackup", so perform dump by native MS SQL means through MS SQL interfaces to the local disk. If it behaves the same way.

I also think that it is a problem which must be troubleshooted  at MS SQL side, not NetBackup side.

Regards

Michal

manatee
Level 6

update: seems other VMs that were migrated to Hyper-V having the same issues.

i'm checking NBU installation for Hyper-V environment.

Marianne

Forget about NBU - check Hyper-V and SQL resources.

Ask yourself - what has changed? NBU? Nope.....

manatee
Level 6

the resources are quite big. i even have 10Gb network ports.

what has changed is the VMs were migrated from OVM to Hyper-V. as is.

when the VMs were in OVM environment, performance is fast.

Marianne

Seems you have identified where to start - Hyper-V.