cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 190 when duplication

louacif
Level 4
hello,
i have installed netbackup 6.5.3.1 on server 2003. when the duplication run it on one media it gets error 190 :
18/10/2009 08:40:28 - begin Duplicate
18/10/2009 08:40:28 - end Duplicate; elapsed time: 00:00:00
found no images or media matching the selection criteria(190)

but on the other media it woks good

thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
More details please?
Are you running the duplication from command line or the GUI? If from the GUI, please share details in 'Results' tab. If from command line, hopefully you've specified a log file with -L option?
Are you duplicating to a different pool?
Does 'images on media' (bpimmedia -mediaid <media-id>) report images on the media-id that produces the error?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Marianne
Level 6
More details please?
Are you running the duplication from command line or the GUI? If from the GUI, please share details in 'Results' tab. If from command line, hopefully you've specified a log file with -L option?
Are you duplicating to a different pool?
Does 'images on media' (bpimmedia -mediaid <media-id>) report images on the media-id that produces the error?

rjrumfelt
Level 6
but on the other media it works good" could just be a coincidence and not part of the problem.

Are you duplicating images using vault?  If so, make sure that you did not have a previous duplication job that ran that duped all of the images you need to be duped.

rjrumfelt
Level 6
But if you are having issues with dupes, and they are taking a while to catch up, then it could be that some of your images are expiring before being able to be duped.  This situation will also give you a 190.

louacif
Level 4
hello,

i have used disk staging. i backup in disk after i duplicate on tape. we use two methods to do staging :
- schedule;
-high water mark;

the retention of the backup is +one month. there images in the disk.

thanks.

Marianne
Level 6
Find the reason for the failure in the admin log on the master server.
Two TechNotes to have a look at:
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/264534.htm
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/304190.htm