cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error BMR

RJay
Level 3
Partner Accredited

good day!!! im new in using NBU 7.0.1 and also BMR... i have a problem when im doing the BMR restore from CD BOOT/NETWORK in a diff client without an OS. im having this error. " Failed to verify Backup --rc(131) ". kindly help me solve this problem thanks. by the way i already check the HOSTS properties of my master server and i also did the PTR( prepare to restore ). thanks

5 REPLIES 5

mandar_khanolka
Level 6
Employee

This problem reason could be either of below.

1. First using backup-restore GUI on on your NBU master server verify that you have full backup available for the client you are doing BMR restore.

2. If verify backup works well then this problem might be coming as the client in BMR restore environment is not able to connect your NBU master server. Hence the verify backup step in BMR restore fails.

How you can confirm the connectivity?

Using NBU admin GUI-> host properties check the client in BMR restore env is reachable.

Please confirm above. We can then discuss ahead.

Thanks.

-Mandar

Mahesh_Roja
Level 6

The same issue has been resolved by mandar just check this discussion

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/bmr-same-client-error#comment-4593801

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

This error is slightly different then the one in the forum we discussed in that link.

This error relates to the following

The Master Server does not see the restoring client as a valid client (rc=131, 133, 135)  
           The ip-address used by the client resolved to a different name than in the configuration, or the
           client does not have permission to perform list/restore requests.  One way to resolve this is to
           place a temporary entry in the 'hosts' file of the Master Server and Media Server. This entry
           must match the data information found in the 'Network Interfaces'
           section of the restore configuration used for the restore.
           Also check the "Host Properties -> Master Server -> Client Attributes" of the  Administration Console
           to ensure that the client has permissions to perform list and restore operations

What did you change in the profile/configuration that you're using to restore (from a network side). Did you update the MAC address? You should have done that. Did you change the IP address? The restore is stopping because when the BMR client is contact the master server its doing it with an IP address that the master server believes belongs to a different/unknown server. It will therefore not allow the restore of clientX to clientY. You could possibly create the No.Restrictions file to overcome this issue.

But let me know about the changes in the configuration used to run the PTR.

Mahesh_Roja
Level 6

Any update is the problem resolved?

vinods
Level 5
Partner

BMR client is virthual or physical server ?