Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error after add master server to opscenter server

damrongpol
Level 4
Partner

Hi

I have the error after add master server to ops center server and ops center cannot get information about the master server

Master version 7.6.1

Ops center version 7.6.1

"Action not permitted. Please verify that the OpsCenter host is listed in NetBackup configuration file (host properties or bp.conf) and/or trust is established in case of NBAC.​"

Thank you

damrongpol s.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Check the name of the opscenter center under master server properties, servers. Be aware that the short hostname and fqdn often is regarded as different in this context.

Also check the 1556 port is open inbound in the firewall on both machines, if there is a dedicated firewall involved remember that source port is random.

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

View solution in original post

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

did you add the Opscenter server name in the master server bp.conf as it suggested?

also registered the master server using the command

1. Login to Master Server
  2. Execute: /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/nbregopsc -add <opscenter name>

if you still see the issue after this... restart the nbsl in master server and see how it goes..

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Check the name of the opscenter center under master server properties, servers. Be aware that the short hostname and fqdn often is regarded as different in this context.

Also check the 1556 port is open inbound in the firewall on both machines, if there is a dedicated firewall involved remember that source port is random.

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

did you add the Opscenter server name in the master server bp.conf as it suggested?

also registered the master server using the command

1. Login to Master Server
  2. Execute: /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/nbregopsc -add <opscenter name>

if you still see the issue after this... restart the nbsl in master server and see how it goes..

damrongpol
Level 4
Partner

Thank you for your solution, I will try to resolved this issue for my customer.

Thank you so much
Michael G Andersen and RamNagalla

@RamNagalla
thanks alot for your help..your solution worked for me as well..

-shafeeq