cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error code 50

Home_224
Level 6

Hi,

I run the catalogue backup on schedule, it returns error code 50 from time to time. May I know what is the problem  error 50.jpg

22 REPLIES 22

root@imduarbak01 # ./vmquery -m CP0014
================================================================================
media ID:              CP0014
media type:            1/2" cartridge tape 3 (24)
barcode:               CP0014L3
media description:     Onsite Wednesday
volume pool:           3Wed (11)
robot type:            TLD - Tape Library DLT (8)
robot number:          0
robot slot:            29
robot control host:    imduarbak01
volume group:          000_00000_TLD
vault name:            ---
vault sent date:       ---
vault return date:     ---
vault slot:            ---
vault session id:      ---
vault container id:    -
created:               Tue Mar 20 16:24:25 2018
assigned:              ---
last mounted:          ---
first mount:           ---
expiration date:       ---
number of mounts:      0
max mounts allowed:    ---
================================================================================

root@imduarbak01 # ./vmcheckxxx -rn 0 0 -rt ltd
invalid robot type (12)
root@imduarbak01 # pwd   ./tpconfig -l
Device Robot Drive       Robot                    Drive                 Device         Second
Type     Num Index  Type DrNum Status  Comment    Name                  Path           Device Path
robot      0    -    TLD    -       -  -          -                     /dev/sg/c1t0l0
  drive    -    0 hcart3    1      UP  -          HP.ULTRIUM3-SCSI.000  /dev/rmt/3cbn
  drive    -    1 hcart3    2      UP  -          HP.ULTRIUM3-SCSI.001  /dev/rmt/4cbn
drive      -    2    4mm    -  DISABL  -          HP.C7438A.000         /dev/rmt/2cbn
root@imduarbak01 # ./vmquery -m CP0012
media ID:              CP0012
media type:            1/2" cartridge tape 3 (24)
barcode:               CP0012L3
media description:     Onsite Monday
volume pool:           1Mon (9)
robot type:            TLD - Tape Library DLT (8)
robot number:          0
robot slot:            35
robot control host:    imduarbak01
volume group:          000_00000_TLD
vault name:            ---
vault sent date:       ---
vault return date:     ---
vault slot:            ---
vault session id:      ---
vault container id:    -
created:               Tue Mar 20 16:24:26 2018
assigned:              ---
last mounted:          ---
first mount:           ---
expiration date:       ---
number of mounts:      0
max mounts allowed:    ---

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@Home_224 wrote:

Hi Marianne,

I swap it back to the production Library, and find out the barcode start with CPxxxx , to normal status.  

Now i wish that I can get someone to assist with me the reason for run backup with error code 96 when all the STU and Volume pool already configuration. I only run the backup itself but it still return the error code 96. 

I wish that someone can advice me the situtation.  

@Home_224

You are making it extremely difficult to try and assist you when you keep on swapping tape libraries. 
If you want to solve issues with the UAT library, you need work with your customer to run commands and give us feedback timeously so that we can help you.
If you want to solve I/O problems with your Production library, then be prepared to collect verbose logs and OS messages files to follow up with your hardware vendor.

If you are still experiencing status 96 errors, please start a new discussion with all relevant info,
i.e. Policy config that is failing and output of available_media. 

Hi Marianne,

The error code not to occur again, it seems to be the problem contain the hardware , media issue.

Right now, hardware replacment on the tape drive, try to run backup job , it runs successful.  The error code 96 seems to be the STU not to yet configuration correctly.  In fact, I feel NBU not to stable , always a lot of problem. 

After replace the tape drive, it still contain request block occur from the server, check the hardware not to hard error at all, the media should be triggered this problem